FULL TIME POSITION
The Category Manager is responsible for a full range of sourcing and procurement activities designed to achieve a high level of service, satisfaction, and value creation for clients primarily through familiarity with all aspects of the assigned categories and serves, in most cases, as the subject matter expert for those assigned categories. In addition, the Category Manager will generally be the single point of contact for clients in the end-to-end process of historical spend/opportunity analysis, requirements development, identification of new supply sources, RFI/RFP development & administration, presentation of RFI / RFP results and recommendations, supplier contract negotiations, implementation of any recommended changes, problem/issue resolution, and some post-implementation auditing.
This position requires considerable independent judgement and decision-making abilities combined with excellent verbal and writing communication skills to work in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment interfacing with all levels of a client’s organization (from stakeholders to executives) often at the direction of ACC Client Project Managers.
Lastly, this position requires exceptional time management skills enabling the Category Manager to achieve high quality, accurate work in a timely manner all while accommodating multiple (sometimes conflicting and often changing) priorities within aggressive timelines.
- Responsible for managing the entire purchasing process for the Client
- Review and fully understand the Client’s purchasing needs, specifications and requirements
- Identify, negotiate, and build relationships with new Suppliers and Vendors on behalf of the Client when applicable
- Main Point of Contact during the Client purchase and implementation
- Handle questions and concerns about the purchasing process
- Obtain the respective documents that must be signed by the Client to move the purchase forward
- Verify all Client specifications and that Client is satisfied
- Work closely with the Client Project Managers to establish savings and time line estimates for implementation.
- Identify any existing or potential vendors/ suppliers that the Client has concerns with in regards to quality or service issues
- Escalate any issues or concerns that may jeopardize the progress of the project to the Vice President of Operations
- Review, compare, and analyze pricing and expected delivery dates proposed by suppliers and vendors
- To effectively manage the implementation of new pricing and/or new vendors and suppliers
- Utilize the Reverse Auction process when applicable
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Recommended Education & Experience
- Senior Buyer/Sourcing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years Procurement/Purchasing Management experience
- Project Management Experience
- Request for Proposal (RFP) experience
- Reverse Auction experience a plus
- Public speaking experience
- Consulting experience a plus
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Coaching, encouraging, and motivating team members a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Self motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel-Expert Level
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, occasionally in urgent situations
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of employees, management, and customers
- Strong math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for the respective category. Understand competition and Industry
- Commitment to the values, mission, and vision as established by Alliance Cost Containment strategic plan
ABOUT ALLIANCE COST CONTAINMENT (ACC)
We are a fast-growing company looking to add positive, motivated people to the ACC family. Every team member is key to our operation. We often wear different hats to cover a lot of ground, so flexibility is a must.
(We were voted a 2017 Best Places to Work by Business First and the GLI Inc.Credible Small Business of the Year and nominated for Company of the Year!)
Interested? Ready to apply? We’d love to hear from you!
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.